Australia bans Nazi symbols – level 1
Australia will make a new law. This law will stop people from showing or selling Nazi symbols.
This is because more far-right activities are happening in the country. Symbols like the swastika and the SS mark will be against the law to use on flags, bands, or clothes. Officials say that these symbols are bad. They should not be in Australia. The Nazi salute will not be in the law. Each state can make its own rules about that. People who break the law can be in prison for up to a year.
The law will not stop using the symbols for art, school, or religion. They are important in some religions.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other penalties could be given for people who break the law of prohibiting Nazi symbols in Australia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.