Australia Floods – level 2
Heavy floods hit parts of Australia after hundreds of millimeters of rain fell over one night.
Several dams overflowed and the level of water in rivers went up quickly. The floods had a big impact on animals and livestock, and many people tried to rescue them. Some surfers enjoyed big waves in areas which were usually calm.
The Warragamba Dam is the main source of water for Sydney. There was too much water in it, it overflowed, and flooded large areas of land. Authorities evacuated thousands of people from Sydney’s western suburbs. The weather forecast said that the heavy rain would continue for several days.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.