Avengers: Endgame – level 3
One of the most anticipated movies in recent memory officially hit theatres last Thursday and already had broken records.
Preview screenings for Marvel’s saga-ending film ‘Avengers: Endgame’ brought in a record-breaking $60 million, which kicked ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ out of the top spot.
Analysts predicted that the blockbuster could make as much as $300 million in its opening weekend, which would break the record for the biggest opening weekend ever. ‘Endgame’s’ predecessor ‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ held that spot, having made nearly $258 million in its first weekend.
Fandango, an American company which sells movie tickets said that the film is the biggest pre-seller in movie history.
Difficult words: anticipate (when people look forward to seeing something), preview screening (showing the film only to some people so analysts can predict everyone else’s reactions), predict (think and try to guess what is going to happen).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.