Awkwafina at the Golden Globes – level 2
Actress Akwafina acted in movies like “Crazy Rich Asians” and “Ocean’s 8.” On Sunday, she won a Golden Globe for best actress in the movie “The Farewell.”
This made history because she was the first woman of Asian descent to win this award.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) said that “The Farewell” was a comedy, but it was also Awkwafina’s first dramatic role. Critics acclaimed the movie, but the HFPA said that it could not win for best comedy because more than half of the movie is in Mandarin instead of English.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.