Babies Learn to Stand – level 1
In 1990, a doctor in Iceland starts to do something new. He teaches young babies how to stand and balance.
To show this, he stands in a pool. He holds up a baby on his hand. The baby is able to stand. It does not fall. The doctor has simple ways. He makes the babies’ spines and upper bodies stronger.
Some doctors do not understand this. One doctor says that babies normally learn to stand at seven to eight months old. They stand by leaning on something. They do not stand by themselves.
Difficult words: spine (the bones that run up inside a person’s back), upper body (the area of the body from the chest to the stomach), lean on (holding onto something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos