Baby Cuscus Bear – level 3
At a zoo in Poland, a cute little baby cuscus bear has been born, and the zoo is one of only four zoos in the world that has the shrinking species.
The folivorous marsupial is native to the Indonesian island of Sulawesi and not much is known about the species. The newborn is the first cuscus bear to be born in captivity.
The little baby stays in its mother’s pouch but sometimes it leaves to explore the area. Its family is being kept in a secluded part of the zoo while the newborn adjusts.
Difficult words: species (type of animal), folivorous (leaf-eating), marsupial (an animal like koala or kangaroo whose babies are born very small and move to their mother’s pouch), secluded (private), adjust (adapt, get used to things).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos