Baby Falls Down Hole – level 2
In Spain, a two-year-old fell down a 110-metre borehole. People started looking for the boy five days ago. The work is difficult because of the terrain. The rescue workers are on the side of a mountain, and there are hard rocks in the ground.
They say that the rescue work will not stop until they find the boy.
Difficult words: borehole (a deep, skinny hole that people make to find water or oil), terrain (how the ground looks and other physical features), rescue worker (a person who works to rescue – save somebody).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.