Baby hears for the first time – level 1
A baby is born. He is a boy. He cannot hear. Doctors help him. They give the baby hearing aids.
The baby is nine weeks old now. He can hear. His mother talks to him. He can hear her for the first time. The baby smiles.
Someone films the amazing moment. He or she uploads it to YouTube. Many people watch this video.
Difficult words: hearing aid (a thing in the ear which helps people hear), amazing (very nice), upload (to put).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos