Baby Orangutan in Chicago – level 2
On December 20th, a baby orangutan was born at a zoo in Chicago, USA. She made an adorable debut at two weeks old so that the public can see the baby.
If you do get to see her, you will see that she is very tired. Zoo officials say that you can see her on most mornings while she clings onto her mother and frequently naps.
The baby is one of 94 Bornean orangutans and 87 Sumatran orangutans that live in zoos in North America.
Difficult words: adorable (cute, sweet), debut (show to the public for the first time), cling (hold onto tightly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.