Baby Orangutan in Chicago – level 3
A baby orangutan made her adorable debut at two weeks old at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago, USA. She was born on December 20th to proud parents Sophie and Ben. Now the public can enjoy her in all of her charming splendour, although the first few weeks seem to be very tiring for her.
Zoo officials say that people can see her on most mornings as she continuously clings to her mother and frequently naps.
She is one of just 94 Bornean orangutans and 87 Sumatran orangutans living in North American zoos.
Difficult words: splendour (impressiveness), cling (hold tightly).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.