Baby warthogs – level 2
The Chester zoo in England has three new animals – warthog triplets. People named them Hedwig, Nagini and Aragog, from the Harry Potter books. The two girls and a boy are just 20 centimetres tall.
These interesting animals are named warthogs because they all have one or two pairs of warts on their faces beneath their eyes and near their tusks.
Their home is in Africa where they are in danger because of hunting and very dry weather.
Difficult words: warthog (an African wild pig), wart (an outgrowth on the skin), tusks (two long horns of animals like the wild pig or the elephant).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.