Bad policeman – level 1
This happens in the USA. Policemen are talking to a man. The man is in a wheelchair. Somebody films this.
The man runs over an officer’s foot. The policeman gets angry. He pushes the man. The man falls out of his wheelchair. He says that he does not see the officer. He probably doesn’t do it on purpose.
The officer is in trouble. He cannot work for a month. When he starts to work again, he will be watched. He cannot do anything wrong again.
Difficult words: run over (hurt with the wheel), angry (mad), officer (policeman), to do something on purpose (to want to do something and do it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you afraid of the police?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.