Badly Injured Man – level 1
A man is sleeping. His girlfriend attacks him. She puts acid on him. The man wakes up. His body is burning.
The man’s name is Daniel. Daniel goes to hospital. He almost dies. One third of his skin is burnt. He loses his right eye. His girlfriend goes to prison for 17 years.
A woman nurses Daniel. They fall in love. Her name is Anna. She says that Daniel is an amazing person. She says that he is clever and funny. She stops working to help him and be with him. She says that the scars are not important to her.
Difficult words: acid (a chemical which is very bad for the body), burn (feel very hot), nurse (take care of; help), scar (the thing which stays on the skin after the skin is injured).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos