Bali Beaches Full of Plastic – level 1
Bali is an island in Indonesia. It is a very popular place for tourists. Tourists love Bali´s temples and beautiful sandy beaches.
Thousands of people visit Bali every year. Sadly, this season is different. People cannot travel to many places. The reason is the coronavirus. Only a few tourists are on Bali now.
The monsoon season starts. A monsoon is a time when strong winds bring water from the ocean. It rains a lot in some parts of Asia.
Strong waves bring plastic waste from the ocean. Bali´s beaches are full of plastic. People clean between 30 and 60 tons of plastic every day. This happens every year on Bali. This year is worse than past years.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.