Balloons at Airport – level 3
On Saturday morning, four hot air balloons took off from the runways of Ben Gurion airport near Tel Aviv, Israel.
A special permission to lift off was given due to the small number of planes taking off and landing because of the coronavirus pandemic. The airspace was closed to planes so the balloons could safely make the historic flight, and operators were able to do preparations before dawn. In a rare sight, the balloons circled over the terminal and over the runways that were full of grounded planes. Amir Shemer, a balloon operator, said that the event was an example of something special coming as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Difficult words: lift off (when a plane, jet, spacecraft, or rocket takes off), airspace (the space lying above a certain area of land and where planes are allowed to fly in), grounded (prevented from flying).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos