Bar With Dog Waiters – level 3
They’ve always been man’s best friend and now they’ve found a new way to win people over – by becoming “barktenders“. Yes, these dogs have been trained to deliver people beer.
“What’s the name of the bar?” I hear you asking. Bar D’Alsace-tian. And yes, it is Alsatians that will deliver you a nice cold Kronenbourg 1664 beer for free, if you happen to make a reservation and swing by the bar.
Now, they haven’t quite mastered pouring a pint just yet, so how do these beers get to you? Well, attached to the dog’s collar is a lightweight miniature barrel. You unlock that, and you’ll find a chilled bottle of beer inside.
The pooches are doing most of the legwork at this special bar, but there are a few humans on hand to restock the kegs. Get in there quick if you want a pup to bound over to you with a beer though, it’s only open in London for a few hours this Friday.
Pretty pawsome, if you ask me.
Difficult words: barktender (this is a pun; bark – the sound which dogs make; bartender – a person who serves alcohol),, swing by (to stop by), attached (fixed to), pooch (dog), keg (a small barrel), pawsome (this is a pun; awesome – great; paw – an animal’s foot).
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.