Batman Suit – level 3
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
No, it’s, uh, Batman…
Or at least the most advanced Batman cosplay suit in the world. With 23 functioning gadgets and a shocking resemblance to the superhero himself, this Batman replica has won the Guinness World record for the most functional gadgets on a cosplay suit.
Created by special effects expert Julian Checkley, the suit contains devices like smoke bombs, a grapnel gun and bat tracker, and a UV lamp, just to name a few.
Remarkably, the costume was 3D printed and then moulded around Checkley physique and standing at 6’10’’ (208 cm) in the suit, he makes for quite an imposing figure.
Batman took some time out of his busy schedule fighting evil in Gotham City to receive the prestigious award which will feature in the new 2017 Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition.
“You are officially amazing.”
“Thank you, ma’am.”
Fully equipped and gadgeted-up, all this Batman needs now is his Robin.
Difficult words: cosplay suit (a suit for a film or book character), gadget (a cool, new technology tool), resemblance (looking similar), replica (a copy of something), grapnel gun (a gun that shoots a hook on a rope), mould (form), physique (the form and size of a person’s body), imposing (grand, impressive), prestigious (creating respect), feature (be part of).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.