Be Safe with a Selfie Stick – level 2
The selfie stick is a popular tool for taking pictures, but people can also use it as a method of self-defence.
A combat sports centre in Moscow teaches people how to protect themselves with a selfie stick. Not everybody is strong enough to fight, and there isn’t always another tool to use besides a selfie stick.
The organisers say that the method can be handy for Russian tourists who are travelling abroad.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Is this a good idea to fight with a selfie stick?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.