Bear Climbs a Tall Pole – level 3
A video posted on social media captured the moment that a bear reached the top of a tall utility tower to approach a birds’ nest in the Canadian town of Fort Smith.
The video shows the bear gripping the top of the 30-metre tower as it hovered its head over the nest, ignoring the power cables surrounding it. A woman who captured the moment on camera said that ravens were croaking loudly during the bear’s ascent and descent.
After the intruder reached the ground, it casually strolled away.
Difficult words: hover (stay in the air above something), ascent (a climb up), descent (a climb down), intruder (someone who intrudes – comes to a place he or she should not go), stroll (walk in a relaxed way).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this bear?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.