Bear falls nine metres – level 3
This huge bear in Florida had a bit of a rough landing on Monday, after it was shot out of a tree using a tranquilliser gun.
The bear had climbed 30 feet up the tree, which was situated right in front of a house in Panama City.
Animal welfare officials were waiting at the bottom of the tree with a large sheet of tarpaulin to catch it, but after being shot with the tranquilliser, the bear fell from the branches and tore right through the sheet!
Luckily, the animal was unhurt, but he might have had a bit of a sore head when he woke up.
Difficult words: tranquilliser (drug for sleeping), welfare (health), tarpaulin (large sheet of thick plastic which is used to keep rain off things), sore (painful).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos