Beard Olympics – level 2
The Annual Beard Olympics happened in Bavaria, Germany, last weekend.
Around 100 men from several countries, took part in the competition, and they competed in several categories. Their beards and moustaches had many different sizes and shapes.
A group of seven barbers and hairdressers chose the winners. Ralf Schulz won in one of the categories. He wore his beard for seven years, and he regularly took part in beard competitions.
The president of the Bavarian Beard and Moustache Club said what makes the best beard. He said that all that men need are hairspray and a hairdryer.
Difficult words: category (a group of people or things which are similar in some way), barber (a person whose job is to cut men’s hair and beards), hairdryer (an electrical device which blows warm air over a person hair and makes it dry).
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.