Beauty icon with Down’s syndrome – level 1
This news is about a woman. She is from England. She is born with Down’s syndrome. She has problems with her heart. She must fight her health problems. She also must fight bullying.
She is successful. She competes in the Special Olympics. She also becomes a beauty icon. She shows everyone that people with disabilities can have talent. She says that beauty belongs to everybody.
Difficult words: bully (to do something bad to somebody who is weaker than you; bullying often happens at school), compete (to be in and to try to win), disability (when you have a problem that affects your body or your mind).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos