Bed race in Thailand – level 1
People organise a race in Thailand. It is a race for groups of two people. The couples wear funny clothing. They have beds. They decorate the beds. The couples push the beds for two kilometres. Many people watch the race. It is great fun.
People from different countries come to the race. The race brings all of these people together.
Difficult words: race (when you move fast to win), couple (two people), decorate (to make something look nice and special).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever taken part in something like this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.