Bees attack police – level 3
Last week, a woman in Massachusetts, US, used a swarm of bees to attack police.
The incident unfolded when Rorie Woods, a 55-year-old professional beekeeper, drove up to a house in Longmeadow. Police were in the process of enforcing an eviction notice on a residence, which belonged to a man who had been litigating against his removal for years. He had support of anti-eviction activists, including Woods.
The beekeeper intentionally agitated the bees, and she opened one of the beehives. A sheriff’s deputy tried to stop her, but the angry bees started circling the area. The bees stung several officers and bystanders, who went to the hospital.
The Hampden County sheriff told Woods that some people there were allergic to bees, and the woman responded that it was good. She now has several charges of assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.