Belgium vs Costa Rica 4-1 – level 3
It was not an even contest between Belgium and Costa Rica. The final score was 4-1. Belgium were leading 2-1 heading into the break. Costa Rica fought but there was no way back in the second half and they received two more goals.
Belgium outshot Costa Rica 21-2 and were hitting the target nine times. Belgium finished the game with nine corner kicks, while Costa Rica earned only one.
The referee wasn’t forced to be too involved. It was a relatively easy match to manage. Costa Rica were responsible for the majority of the fouls, finishing with 12 fouls, compared to only five by Belgium. Similarly, the visitors finished with zero yellow cards, compared to the hosts’ one.
Difficult words: even (equally good), contest (match), forced (made), involved (engaged).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you like this news? Do you want more news about football? Please let us know.
Do you like this news? Do you want more news about football?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos