Berlin Pug Run – level 1
People organise a fun event in Berlin. It is a race for pugs. A pug is a type of a small dog. The pugs run 50 metres. The winner runs it in under 6 seconds. Other dogs are slower. Some dogs need help. Their owners run with them.
Difficult words: race (a sports event when people or animals run), need (if you need something, it is very good to have it if you want to do something), owner (a person who owns something such as a dog or a thing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.