Berlin Pug Run – level 3
Sixty pugs in Berlin took part in a 50-metre race, and the defending champion named Emma retained her title, sprinting down the track in under 6 seconds.
Some dogs at the jolly sports event were a bit slower, and some required a bit of encouragement from their owners. Some owners ran the track with their dogs to show them what to do.
Difficult words: pug (a type of a small dog), defending champion (the dog who won the last time and tries to defend their position of the best this time again), jolly (happy and cheerful), encouragement (motivation).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.