Better Future for Businesses – level 3
Once COVID-19 vaccination is widespread, consumer and workplace behavior will likely change and it will impact markets. Which sectors will respond to the vaccine?
In anticipation of the roll out, one of the biggest increases is the energy sector. As people become more mobile, flying, going on cruise lines, or doing road trips, there’s going to be a higher demand for gasoline and oil.
Information technology is going to ease off, as people start to get back to work and not need some items that they have been using during the COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for agricultural products that revolve around restaurants is likely to increase. These products include, for example, sugar or coffee.
Difficult words: sector (an area of business or a place), anticipation (a feeling of excitement about something pleasant or exciting that is going to happen), roll out (to introduce something for a widespread sale or use to the public), ease off (to be reduced in degree or intensity).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.