Big Bird Puppeteer – level 1
Caroll Spinney is a puppeteer. He works on a famous children’s TV show called “Sesame Street.” He plays the characters of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. He works on the show for 50 years. He dies this year at age 85.
In 2015, Spinney stops working as Big Bird. He has a physical condition. It makes it hard for him to move. In 2018, he stops working on the show.
A representative for “Sesame Street” talks about Spinney. She says that he is probably in thousands of episodes for the show.
Difficult words: puppeteer (a person who moves a puppet – a small figure that looks like a person or an animal or other thing), character (someone in a story, TV show, or movie), grouch (an angry, unhappy person), episode (one TV show from a TV show series).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.