Big Bird Puppeteer – level 2
Caroll Spinney was a puppeteer on the famous children’s TV show “Sesame Street.” He played the characters of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. He worked with the show for 50 years and he died recently at age 85.
In 2015, Spinney stopped working as Big Bird due to physical constraints from a neurological movement disorder. In 2018, he retired. A representative for “Sesame Street” said that Spinney probably was in thousands of episodes.
Difficult words: puppeteer (a person who moves a puppet), physical constraint (when you cannot move in a normal way), neurological movement disorder (a condition that affects the brain so you cannot move in a normal way).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.