Big Diamond in Sierra Leone – level 3
A pastor in Sierra Leone came across a jaw-dropping stone – a 706-carat (141 grams) diamond. It is the largest diamond to be found in Sierra Leone in over 40 years.
When the pastor found it, he decided to hand it over to the government. Hoping that it may boost the development of the West African nation.
The President of Sierra Leone said that he believed that a diamond like this should be publicly sold in the country, so that people will know the value of it and who the buyer is.
Difficult words: boost (help), development (growth).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos