Big event in North Korea – level 2
Kim Il Sung was Kim Jong Un’s grandfather and the founder of North Korea. North Koreans celebrated the anniversary of his death. He died 20 years ago.
Kim Jong Un, of course, took part in the event. He walked on stage with a limp. The government highly controls the media in this isolated country, and it carefully hides anything unusual. Kim Il Sung had a growth on the back of his neck, so he could only be filmed from certain angles.
Difficult words: founder (person who starts something), limp (he walked with difficulty – there was probably something wrong with his leg), media (the news, radio, television, and newspapers), growth (formation of the body which is not normal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is North Korea a danger to the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.