Big Portrait of Martin Luther King – level 3
Land artist Dario Gambarin created a new work in a field near Verona in northern Italy of a portrait of Martin Luther King which marks 50 years since his death.
Gambarin uses different kinds of tractors and various measures of plough to create his work. The 120-metre long face of the civil-rights activist took him seven hours to make, and he will erase it in a few days for farming.
The artist previously depicted well-known persons such as Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and Pope Francis.
Difficult words: plough (a thing which a tractor pulls), civil-rights activist (a person who fights for the rights of people), depict (make a picture of).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos