Big Statue of Pharaoh in Egypt – level 3
People recently found an ancient statue in Egypt. It is so big that they had to move it at night to avoid the traffic.
The three-ton torso is probably one of the most famous pharaohs in Egypt. Historians think that it is a statue of Ramses II, who ruled Egypt for 60 years over 3000 years ago.
Historians will assemble the statue’s parts and restore them at the Egyptian museum in Cairo. An Egyptian-German archaeological team discovered the statue.
Difficult words: avoid (deliberately not to meet something when you travel), assemble (put together).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.