Big Water in Greece – level 2
At least 15 people died in flash floods on the outskirts of Athens, Greece. Many of them were elderly people. More than 37 people went to hospital and some are still missing.
Some people are mad at the local government. One woman said that no one made sure that people were fine or that they had drinking water.
Difficult words: flash floods (a lot of water which comes quickly and without warning), outskirts (the outer parts of a city), government (the leaders of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos