Big Water on Mallorca – level 2
Torrential rain caused flash floods on the Spanish island of Mallorca, and at least ten people died and more are missing.
Spain’s prime minister flew to Mallorca and tennis player Rafael Nadal joined the recovery efforts. People filmed him clearing mud from a house, and he also opened up his tennis academy for those who need a place to stay.
Difficult words: torrential rain (extremely heavy rain), flash flood (a lot of water which comes quickly usually from rain), recovery efforts (doing things to help make things normal again).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos