Big Wave Tour in Mexico – level 2
Twelve surfers successfully took on the giant waves of the “Big Wave Tour Puerto Escondido Challenge” in Mexico and advanced to the semi-finals.
The Puerto Escondido Challenge is the first event of the Big Wave Tour which consists of 6 events. The events will take place through February of next year.
This is a “big wave” tour, so an event can take place only if the waves are at least 6 metres high.
Difficult words: advance (move forward), consist (be made up of).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.