Biggest Bonfire Ever – level 3
The town of Lustenau in Austria claims to have built a world-record breaking bonfire. According to the organisers, the pyre reached as high as 60 metres.
The structure took three months to build but collapsed in less than half an hour last Saturday evening. Embers from the big fire fell onto nearby market traders, but local fire crews were on hand to make sure that everyone was safe.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.