Biggest Wave Surfed – level 3
Brazilian surfer Rodrigo Koxa surfed a 24-metre wave in Portugal, setting a new world record.
In the video, you can barely see the surfer who people later honoured for his achievement at the Quicksilver XXL Big Wave Awards. Upon receiving the prize, he encouraged the crowd with ‘Keep believing in your dreams, guys!’
Meanwhile, British surfer Andrew Cotton won the dubious gong for Biggest Wipeout of the Year.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.