Birds Fly Like a Cloud – level 2
Millions of birds called starlings lived in Israel 20 years ago. Now there are fewer starlings, but people know that the birds are returning.
A video from Israel shows starlings flying together in a big flock. The starlings fly very close together and move in the same directions at the same time. The starlings look like a black cloud. This is called a murmuration.
The birds fly like this to find food and to stay safe from birds of prey.
Difficult words: starling (a little bird), flock (a big group of animals), bird of prey (a big bird that eats smaller birds).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What would you think if you saw this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos