Bitcoin founder statue – level 2
After global financial problems, Satoshi Nakamoto thought of an idea to make online transactions without banks. In 2008, he created Bitcoin, the world´s first digital currency.
Sadly, Satoshi Nakamoto is not the real name of Bitcoin´s founder, and nobody knows who the person really is.
Artists Reka Gergely and Tamas Gily made a statue of the Bitcoin founder. They unveiled it in a business park near the Danube River in Budapest, Hungary. The statue is a person without a face and with a hoodie which has the logo of Bitcoin.
The artists said that it was not easy to make the statue, as they did not know how the person really looked.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.