Bitcoin founder statue – level 3
Artists revealed a bronze statue in Hungary´s capital of Budapest. Its creators say that the statue is the first in the world to pay homage to the anonymous creator of Bitcoin digital currency.
The statue sits atop a stone plinth engraved with the name of Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym of the mysterious developer of Bitcoin whose true identity is unknown. Members of Bitcoin believe that Satoshi is the founding father of the whole cryptocurrency industry. The statue, a featureless face wearing a hoodie with the Bitcoin logo, is heavily polished to make it reflective like a mirror in which viewers can see themselves.
Nakamoto created Bitcoin in 2008, following the global financial crisis, and the goal was to avoid traditional financial institutions by developing secure technology for online transactions without banks.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.