Blair is sorry for the mistakes in Iraq war – level 1
The West attacked Iraq. The West said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. However, this was not true. The West was wrong. It was a mistake.
Tony Blair was the Prime Minister of Britain when this happened. CNN interviews him. CNN is a Western TV channel.
Blair talks about the Iraq war. He talks about the mistakes in the war. Blair says that he is sorry.
Difficult words: said (past of “say”), had (past of “have”), weapons of mass destruction (things which can kill a lot of people), was (past of “is”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you trust politicians?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.