Blue Dogs in India – level 2
Factories which make dye are releasing untreated waste into a river in Mumbai, India. The contaminated water colours the local dogs blue.
The dogs get skin infections and have hair loss. When they lick their skin to remove the colour, it gets into their stomaches. They get weak, have diarrhoea, and can easily catch diseases.
Difficult words: dye (colour), untreated (not cleaned), waste (something which factories do not want), diarrhoea (poop which is like water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos