Blue moon – level 1
This news is about the moon. There was a full moon on the 2nd of July. There also was a full moon on the 31st of July.
Sometimes, the moon can look blue. When a volcano erupts, the moon can look blue. In 1883, Krakatoa exploded. It was a big volcano. There was a blue moon almost every day.
The moon can also look red. This happens when the moon is close to the ground.
Difficult words: full moon (when you can see the entire moon), volcano (a mountain which can sometimes explode), erupt (to explode).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you see the blue moon?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.