BMW’s boss falls on stage – level 2
BMW appointed Harald Krueger as the boss in May. Harald made his first big appearance last Tuesday at the International Frankfurt Motor Show.
After just 5 minutes into his speech, the 49-year-old man collapsed on stage. Two assistants helped him to his feet and escorted him off stage. People cancelled the press conference, so a doctor could check Mr Krueger.
BMW said that Mr Krueger lost his balance for a moment, but he is going to be fine.
Difficult words: appoint (to choose somebody for a position), appearance (when you are seen by a lot of people), escort (to move).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has this ever happened to you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.