Boat Accident in South Korea – level 1
An accident happens in South Korea. A fishing boat carries 22 people. It crashes into a tanker.
The tanker is very big and heavy. It weighs 338 tons. Nobody from the tanker is injured.
However, the fishing boat turns over. People are stuck in the ship. Some of them fall into the water. Thirteen people from the fishing boat die. Two people are missing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.