Boat Accident in South Korea – level 3
A chartered fishing boat in South Korea was carrying 20 passengers and two crew during a fishing tour when it crashed into a 338-ton fuel tanker. The collision reportedly took place when passing under a bridge.
The 10-ton fishing boat then capsized, causing the 22 people to be stuck in the ship or fall into the water. While there were no reported injuries on board the tanker, 13 people from the fishing boat were found dead and two, including the captain, were missing.
Difficult words: chartered (hired), reportedly (according to what some say), capsize (overturn in the water).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos