Boat Sinks in Colombia – level 3
At least six people died and 15 are missing after a pleasure cruiser sank into a reservoir near Medellin in Colombia.
People rescued most of the passengers, around 130, and the search for the missing passengers continues. Families, friends and residents are devastated by the incident, which the police are investigating as a crime. People laid flowers next to the lake in response to the incident.
There had been complaints about a lack of life jackets on board the ship.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.