Boeing Employees’ Communication – level 2
Internal communications between Boeing employees bring more questions about its 737 Max plane.
Some employees joked that they deceived the US regulators during the plane development. In another communication, two employees spoke about the simulator that trains 737 Max pilots and its safety, and other employees criticized the plane’s design.
The government is investigating the design and certification of the plane and it gave out the communication. Officials say that there was an organized effort to hide some information from the regulators and the public.
Boeing said that the messages were unacceptable, and the company wants to get the 737 Max certified again.
Difficult words: internal (within a company or a group), deceive (to make someone believe something that is not true), certification (proof that something is done according to rules), effort (an activity that is needed to get something), certify (to prove that something is done according to rules).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.